I have been following a series of postigs at the Backyard Missionary site. Then thismorning for breaky I found this to chew on that I thought had similarities to comments poster at Hammos BM site. Basically it’s all about asking – If we are to reach this next generation, is trying to be “trendy” and “Hip” potentially our downfall? I took the following from Submerge and she took it from someone else, who took it from someone else!!
bob carlton had a post on his blog about someone’s post of the
“six commandments of baby boomers”
1. Thou Shalt Be Hip.
2. Accommodate the Culture to Keep Thyself Relevant.
3. Honor Thine Individuality
4. Thou Shalt Forget History.
5. Thou Shalt Feel Guilty for Selling Out.
6. Thou Shalt Question Authority.
unwilling to let the boomers best us, here are my
6 commandments of generation x.
1. thou shalt NOT have commandments we are free-range, so there!
2. if we had commandments, being hip can’t be oneyou can’t try to be hip, you just are, or are NOT
3. thou shalt NOT be soldwe hate marketing and pandering, ugh. relevant is not our vocabulary, but authentic is
4. honor thy friends the rat pak of our lives- ‘i’ll be there for you’ = gen xer national anthem
5. thou shalt dumpster dive & rummage through history (we need connections to the past to move into the future)
6. ignore authority,’fight the power’- why bother, eh? we vote with our feet and our mouse 😉